I’ve decided to do a quick post about the items that were/are super helpful to me.
1.Target brand chocolate protein power… This still is one of the few options I have for protein since I’m still on liquids (I’m only 10days post-op)
2. PB2 powdered peanut butter. This is fab to mix it with my chocolate protein shakes and mix up the flavor a bit. It does make the shakes thicker but if you like chocolate and peanut butter you will like this mix too! I only use 1 tablespoon of the PB2 in my shakes. You can find this at Kroger with the organic peanut butters or can order it online.
3. Baby spoons… These totally help me take smaller bites and eat slower. Love my baby spoons!
4. My Blender Bottles… I use them for all of my shakes, they are no muss no fuss! So easy to clean unlike my blender. I know there are other recipes for shakes that I will not be able to use my blender bottle but for just a quick protein powder shake they are awesome!
5. Gas X strips… After surgery you will have so much gas and it will suck. I wasn’t allowed to use them in the hospital but you can bet your bottom dollar I used it when I got home and they helped so much. I only used one strip so I wouldn’t go out and buy them in bulk. One box should do the trick.
6. My pillows… I am still sleeping on the couch recliner. It’s killing my tailbone so hopefully I can sleep in bed tonight but my pillows have been my BFF’s. I use a huge floor pillow behind my back since it was Uncomfortable to scoot all the way back into the couch and of course one to protect my belly. I used it when I sneezed, coughed, got up to walk, in the car and even when I slept. I haven’t used either pillow in about 2 days but I’m thinking they will come back into play when I attempt to sleep in bed tonight.
7. YouTube! If you don’t watch YouTube videos now I do recommended it. There is sic an awesome weight loss and weight loss surgery community on there covering a huge amount of topics. I honestly think if you are wondering about something there is probably a video about it.
8. Crystal Light (or store brand equivalent) I am a horrible water drinker… I hate water, I need some flavor. So Crystal light has been my life saver in getting my water in so I do not become dehydrated. It is so very important you get in all of your fluids! I can not stress that enough. You do NOT want to become dehydrated. It’ll suck and mean more time I the hospital.
9. A timer… If you have a hard time drinking liquids like I do a timer will help to remind you to drink! I had mine set for every 5 minutes, it was annoying so I started to remember to drink on my own.
10. Walking!!!! OMG this is just as important as your water/liquids. After surgery seriously walk every two hours you are awake. It’ll hurt but so it! it doesn’t have to be far at first. Trust me you will feel so much better when you walk. It helps a lot with the gas pains! And even when the gas is gone keep walking every two hours. I still am up every two hours even if it’s just a quick trip to the bathroom.
I think that’s it for now. I’ll post more if I think I anything else!